prepared by Shelby Meyers and Chris Becker
Smart Cities Barcelona at 22@ maintains a system that integrates technological, ecological, and urban planning ideas developed by various companies, universities, entrepreneurs, and research centers.
The integration of these ideas will ideally:
- Define the anatomy that influences the development of the city.
- Define a city model that merges urban planning, ecology and information technology, based on local resources.
- Define evaluation vectors (density, function, environmental quality, public space, mobility, resource production, physical structure and function metabolism, etc.)
- Define reporting mechanisms and control systems in real time.
- Define comprehensive management technology platforms.
The group’s five priorities are:
1. The environment
3. Sustainable Energy
4. Public Private Collaboration
5. Quality of life, culture, and knowledge
Goals for 2012
- Attract developers and businesses and begin implementing the infrastructural program
- Start projects in collaboration with companies with signed agreements with the city
- Develop an international protocol for smart cities. A “City Protocol”, defined in collaboration with other cities, businesses, and institutions will give criteria to meet for smart cities of the future to provide more and better services to people.
SIIUR – Integral Solutions for Urban Infrasturctures
Mas de Roda Street – Intelligent Street Lighting for Smart City by Barcelona Digital Technology Center
SIIUR is an experimental laboratory that integrates urban services into a single platform.
- Use the city as a platform for knowledge and technology companies.
- Connect science and technology with the industries, and also connecting them with the market.
- Physical Level-
A single cabinet that can offer communication and electrical infrastructure to urban services like car charging posts, intelligent LED street lighting, environmental sensors, video sensors, Wi-Fi, and more. All controlled from one place for the entire street.
- Remote Level –
Integrates a remote management platform into a single software program operated from the control center of Barcelona in Plaza Lesseps. There the city will be able to access all services on the street, monitor them, and control them.
- Intelligent Lightposts-
Light sensors to regulate the intensity of light depending upon the time of day and desired light levels, occupancy sensors, noise sensors, and pollution sensors to give the city more access to information regarding urban spaces and how to better regulate them.
(Josep Maria Serra, Urban Devision at Santa & Cole)
- LED Lamps-
Lighting driver can save 40-60% of street light energy consumption by controlling each lamp individually.
(Albert Sánchez, Semai Lighting)
- Vehicle charging posts
- Hybrid cabling –
Brings fiber optics and electricity to the lighting posts – supplies the lights, as well as two video cameras and the Wi-Fi access points in the postsCable also brings “unlimited bandwidth” to the 29 lofts along Passage del Sucre.
Sece – served to maintenance